Few things are more satisfying than enjoying something fresh out of the oven. With its light and crispy exterior and melty cheezy centre this popover recipe is extremely addictive.
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp kosher salt
2 cups 2% or 3.25% milk
1 cup Black Diamond® extra old white cheddar, grated
2 tbsp canola oil
6 strips smoked bacon, cooked and fine diced, cooled
- Place ½ tsp of canola oil in each cup of a large nonstick muffin tin and place in an oven preheated to 425F.
- In a large bowl whisk together milk and eggs.
- Whisk in flour, salt, bacon and grated cheese until just combined.
- Remove tin from oven and working quickly. Use a ¼ cup measure to add ¼ cup of batter to each compartment in the muffin tin. Return pan to oven.
- 5. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until batter has risen well about the surface of the muffin tin and exterior is a deep golden brown colour.
Note: you can test the centre of the popover by piercing it with a toothpick to ensure batter is fully cooked.